I bring you SamsNonsense’s The Ultimate Christmas Tag!!!! Insert trumpet sounds here! I sadly cannot include a link right now, because my internet sucks. I will however link Sam’s Twitter info to the Tweet about this post! Sorry, to Sam 😦 She is AMAZING and her video made me laugh so hard! It’s absolutely worth a quick little search! Then, subscribe. Then, watch all of her videos. Then come thank me for referring you to her goodness. LOL! ON WITH THE SHOW!!!
- What is your favorite Christmas Tradition/Routine? My traditions have changed a lot over the past few years, sadly. One that my husband and I started still remains. Every Christmas Eve, we watch The Muppets Christmas Carol, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and Bill Murray’s Scrooged. I refer to me “watching” Scrooged lightly, because in all reality I always fall asleep! Lol My husband has given up on me! haha
- Favorite Christmas Book (Or one you want to read) I don’t think I have a favorite Christmas book. I usually just choose 2 or 3 Christmas themed titles and read them over the course of December. I’ve always wanted to read The Christmas Carol though. I’ve never actually done it, as classics are for smarter people that I. Lol!
- First Christmas Memory I’m trying so hard to remember anything besides running down the steps, seeing a Christmas tree surrounded by presents on Christmas morning! Haha That’s all I’ve got, I think. It’ll come to me after I post this, you watch! I’ve got it!!!! I remember jamming out at the top of my little lungs to Feliz Navidad!! It was this Sesame Street on Ice kinda movie. I don’t know, but I remember LOVING that song before I had any clue what it meant! Haha At the end, the Sesame Street characters came out on an ice skating rink and sang the song. Good Times!
- Favorite gift you’ve ever received. I have a doll that I received my very first Christmas. I still have her and she’s a most prized possession. I also have the Kindle my Dad bought me before he passed away last year. I’ll never let anything happen to this Kindle, no matter what. He knew how much I needed one and he chose the cover, the carrying case, went over all the details with me so I would love it. It’s special.
- Your Go-To genre to read at Christmas I usually go with “Hallmark” style lol I’ve tried Christmas Mysteries and they never give me the warm fuzzies Christmas does, ya know? So I end up going with the sappy stuff. That said, I’m SUPER picky. I don’t want some shallow, no depth kinda book. Yes, they exist. Some authors churn out holiday book after holiday book. They all have the same exact formula and anyone could have written it. Boring! I need to be entertained. I need to laugh. I need great characters. No sadness!
- Is there a holiday tradition you’ve never tried but want to? I have never cut down my own Christmas tree. In fact, I’ve never had a real Christmas tree. It’s always been a fake one. I think it would be cool to have a real one, just once. Yet, I’ve heard you’ve gotta water it! Yikes! You need to watch out for needles dropping! Oh my! So see, I’ve already talked myself out of it! lol
- Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Year ago, I would have said Christmas Eve. My family had an incredible family tradition on Christmas Eve and it was something I looked forward to every year. That no longer happens, so I think I’m going to say Christmas Day with my Lil One. Seeing the joy on your child’s face when Santa brings them a toy is priceless.
- Favorite Ornament? Ooo this is tricky! I have ornaments that children made me when I was a preschool teacher. Those mean a great deal to me. I have this incredible ornament of Ariel and Prince Eric spinning in the boat. You know the one, “Kiss The Girl”!! I have sentimental attachments to every single one. I just can’t choose!
- Favorite Christmas movie & Least Favorite Christmas movie. Favorite Christmas Movie is either Muppet Christmas Carol or Claymations Christmas, but probably Muppets. Least Favorite Christmas movie is The Christmas Story. I get bored every single time I watch it. I’m so sorry. People are not going to like that answer! haha
- Online shopping or In-Store? In Store. I just like browsing and choosing the perfect gift. You can’t hold something online and so, sometimes that doesn’t work for me. Though online sales are perfection! lol
- Favorite Christmas Song & Least Favorite Christmas Song. Favorite Christmas Song is tricky. I have quite a few, ask my husband lol I may play them on repeat starting in November. Yes, I’m THAT person. I love the Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers Once Upon a Christmas cd. I’m dating myself here, but it’s just not Christmas until I’m listening to that cd. So anything from that CD is a fave. I also really love Kelly Clarkson’s Christmas CD. Wrapped in Red and Winter’s Dream being among my fave songs. I love Mariah Carey’s Christmas CD and Boyz II Men and…I should stop myself now. My favorite classic is and always will be Silent Night. Least Favorite songs, also so many to name. Lol! Blue Christmas by Elvis, is boring and sad. I think Silver Bells is boring. I’m not a huge fan of Merry Christmas Darling it’s so slow. There’s a theme here, you see it? I don’t do slow lol
- Favorite Christmas Flavor. If you know me, you know the answer to this one! It’s Chocolate. When isn’t it chocolate you ask? Never. It’s always chocolate! Lol! I do however love Peppermint Bark and that’s Christmas! Chocolate, yum!
I tag Jody from @That_One_Girl_Who_Reads. Has @FrankieReads done this yet? I need those answers too! Lol I’d love to see anyone from #OurLostLibrary do this Tag! Please show me!!