Did you miss my big announcement? Well have no fear! The info is now here!
Starting April 1st until April 30th, my friends & I will be hosting Lost-A-Thon! It’s a ReadAThon for our group #OurLostLibrary (find us on twitter, our Goodreads Group or instagram). We would love if you would join us! It’s open to everyone (you don’t have to join OLL to participate) & rules are listed in a previous post here on my blog.
Now to the challenges and their explanations!
1. Book Collecting Cobwebs- this is the book that you’ve had on your shelf forever. The one you always mean to pick up, but never do.
2. 500+ pages- a book in any format that says its over 500 pages.
3. Less Than 250- a book that’s under 250 pages. This includes graphic novels, novellas, manga, you name it! If it’s under 250, go for it!
4. Jumped Out At You- this is a challenge for casual readathoners. This challenge means you can read any book that appeals to you at the moment. Are you an emotional reader like me? This is the challenge for you.
5. Library Book- a book that you borrowed from your local library
6. Favorite Author- do you have one? Read one of their books!
7. Retelling- any type of retelling counts. It doesn’t have to be a fairytale but I can’t think of any other examples lol
8. Diverse Book- this means a main character who is different from you & showing you experiences you will never experience yourself.
9. Book From A Series- this can be book 1 or book 5. As long as its apart of a series, it counts!
10. Book With Magic- I love magic! Does your book have any form of magic/magical elements? It counts!
11. Buddy Read- Read with a friend! Maybe your friend isn’t participating in Lost-A-Thon? That’s ok! As long as you buddy read it!
12. Favorite of a Friend- has a friend been bugging you to read a particular book on your shelf? Now’s the time to do them proud and pick it up!
13. Free Choice- read anything you want and it counts as a completed challenge!
14. Book You Got On Sale- Did you buy a book from Bookoutlet? Find a book at a sale? Get a great Kindle deal? Those books count here!
15. Mystery or Thriller- Does it have a mystery element? Is it creepy and thriller-ish? It counts!
16. Beautiful Cover- pretty cover buys included here.
17. Female Author- the author must be female. This does include if a man & woman co-wrote a book.
18. Recently Added To Your Shelf- did you purchase a book in the past couple weeks and place it on your shelf? You can count it! You are not required to read really old books 🙂
19. New To You Author- An author you have never read before. Hope you love them!
20. Re-read- reading a book for the second, third or fifth time? This is the challenge for you!
21. Middle Grade Book- I really love middle grade books for readathons. They go so quickly and give you a sense of accomplishment. So go for it!
22. Bestseller- this needs to be a best selling book via any website or written on the cover
23. Award Winner- this book needs to win some awards lol yeah, thats all Ive got. If it won any type of award, it counts.
24. Author From Outside The USA- it’s always good to support authors from all over the world. Now’s your chance!
25. Book Written By 2 Authors- 2 authors must co-write this book. If 2 names are on the cover, I’d count it.
I hope you love our challenges and have a great time! This is all about fun and flexibility! Lost-A-Thon is a no pressure readathon (because those are our favorites).
As previously explained in my last post, you only need to complete 5 challenges to complete a bookshelf (win!). Oh and they are stackable! (You can read 1 book that meets 2 or more challenges!) Good Luck & let us know if you are joining in!