Hey!!! Welcome back!! If you haven’t read my last post, this Pop Quiz is from my Goodreads Group, OurLostLibrary which celebrates the books that we may have forgotten about (1995-2015). I created it with a few amazing ladies and I hope you will check it out and try our Monthly Pop Quizzes! So, let’s get started on July!!!
- Red, White….find a book that’s BLUE!!! The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. It’s a rough read, but changes you in a profound way.
- Fireworks are loud, but pretty. Name a book that strikes a cord, but in the best way. I don’t know if you are religious, but the Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins blew my mind. It talks about The Rapture and if you aren’t familiar with that let me just tell you this….Imagine that you are driving your car down a major highway and everyone that believes in God, just disappeared all at once. CRASH!!! The car in front of you no longer has a driver and the car behind you doesn’t have one either. Scariest of all, your family in the back seat is GONE. What happens next is pandemonium all over the world. The books are gripping and you furiously flip through pages at a break neck speed. Yet, to think of this actually happening as foretold in the Bible, truly terrifying.
- BBQ Time!! Name a book that puts a fire in your belly. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Just the title alone makes me all giddy. I wasn’t sure if I would like this book and I ended up loving it. I couldn’t stop turning pages and read it SOOO quickly. It’s an amazing and unique book that you simply must try!! I have such a passion to share this book! lol
- Everyone needs a book by the pool! What book would you recommend? Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella. I’m about to do a reread of this book and will post a review as soon as I can. I loved this lighthearted and simple read. It’s silly and fun, yet packs an interesting story. In my mind, there’s nothing better than a light, fluffy book in the summer.
- I’m packing up for vacation and I need an adventurous book. What do I pack? Well, I’m definitely not running low on adventurous books. lol! I think for this quiz I will go with the Across the Universe Trilogy by Beth Revis. My friend Michelle recommended it to me and during my buddy read….I about lost my mind! There were times when I was freaking out to my friend, Jody (my buddy read buddy lol) and we couldn’t stop reading when we were supposed to. We both ended up loving the trilogy and if you are looking for a Space Adventure…this is a great choice!
That’s all for this Pop Quiz!! Hope you join us soon!! Just as before, please post answers on Social Media under “OurLostLibrary July Pop Quiz”, @OurLostLibrary #OurLostLibrary from July 1st-August 6th. Remember ALL books need to be published from 1995-2015 to fit in with our group! I can’t wait to read your answers!!! 🙂