I’m creating this tag for two reasons. One, I’m beyond over summer. I’m anxiously awaiting Fall and hoping that if I decorate for the fall, light fall candles and just will it hard enough…it’ll be fall. Now, I’m not successful just yet…but I won’t give up! Lol
Secondly, I have shelves of books that I need to complete. Don’t we all? I can’t justify a huge Christmas book haul if I don’t finish some of these. So, I created a Tag merging my two fave things…books and fall. Here we go!
- Crisp fall leaves fall to the ground. The red, yellow and orange looks oh so pretty. What book on your TBR shelf is just as pretty? To go with the fall color scheme, I’m going to say The Fireman by Joe Hill. I love the burning fire all over this cover.
- Fall scents are so warm and inviting. Old books smell just as welcoming. What’s the oldest book on your shelf? (or had the longest) I think The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett is the oldest and I’ve had Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella the longest…I think.
- Fall means cooler temps, thank goodness! What book on your shelf would be the perfect “curl up with a blanket” book? I have a couple here. I think The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty would be a comfy read. I also think I’d love to finish City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare under a warm blanket.
- Fall also brings Halloween. Do you have a spooky or creepy book on your shelf? No, I don’t have anything creepy and I’m disappointed about that. I may have to scour some other shelves to find something…or buy The Singular and Extraordinary Tale of Mirror and Goliath by Ishbelle Bee recommended to me by Sam over at Sam’s Nonsense. I know this defeats the purpose of tackling my TBR, but it happens right?
- Thanksgiving is for family, whether it’s blood or friendship. What book makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? That’s The Bean Trees and Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver. I need to read these asap!
- Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkins and Apples are my fall favorites. What book are you just dying to read? The Body Electric by Beth Revis. I need to read this book!!!
- There is one downside to fall, shorter days (oh and that pesky heating bill). What’s one book sitting on your shelf that you aren’t too eager to pick up? I have a few. The Mistborn Trilogy, but only because they are big books and there’s 3 of them! Same goes for Wise Mans Fear by Patrick Rothfuss and The Fireman by Joe Hill. I think I’m going to save them for Sam’s (Thoughts on Tomes) Tome Topple. Lastly, Howls Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. I didn’t get pulled in the last time I picked it up, but I didn’t give it much time. So, it’s probably just me.
- Fall means you can turn off the AC and open those windows wide. Do you have a book on your shelf that is like a breath of fresh air? The Storied Life of AJ Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin and The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. They are a change of pace for me.
- Fall always seems to go by too fast. Name the book you can get through the fastest and the one that will take you forever. I can blow through I’ve Got Your Number and Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella. I’m sure of that! Joe Hill’s Fireman is going to take me months…I just know it.
- Lastly, we all cheat! LOL! If you’re going to cheat (buy books) during the months of Fall, what books would you deem worthy? If I’m going to sneak in some new books….they’d be The Girl of Fire and Thorns Trilogy, anything Robin Hobb that Sam recommends to me, Heartless by Marissa Meyer, and The Remnant Chronicles sound intriguing.
Happy Fall Ya’ll!!! 😉 Thank you for reading!! I know I tag them often, but I want to Tag Michelle and Jody because I’m curious what books are still on their shelves! I also want to Tag Sam from SamsNonsense because I know she gets my Fall Obsession! I can’t forget Kaitlin or Jade! They are two of my fave bloggers! Lastly, maybe Aly, Meagan or the Two Paper Girls ladies (Laura and Amy) would like this tag! If YOU read this and wanna try it…consider yourself TAGGED! 😛
*My Links are being super funky today. Hopefully they work! I’m sorry if they don’t!