I was Tagged by Michelle from the wonderful Michellislife. Original created by ReadLikeWildFire and Ely Jayne. (I’m very sorry for not including links. This is the 3rd time I’ve tried to write this and it simply won’t let me link anything. Grr!
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2016: I truly can’t decide between The Raven Boys and Cinder.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2016: So, “sequel” would mean Book 2 in a series and I haven’t had a very successful book 2 yet this year. Dream Thieves was decent, but not my fave book and Scarlet took me awhile to get into. I guess I don’t have one, yet.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to: I know there are quite a few, but I’m drawing a blank! Well, Laurien Berenson’s latest book comes out on July 26th and I want it! So that counts, right?! I also haven’t read Passenger yet. I own it, but haven’t read it just yet.
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year: Heartless by Marissa Meyer!!!
5. Biggest disappointment: I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Death of A Dog Whisperer by my fabulous fave author, Laurien Berenson. It wasn’t exactly her fault, whoever designed the cover…they gave away the mystery and I dislike them greatly. Also, although I loved getting to know the new characters, (I really did) I thought it took awhile to get to the mystery part. It’s hard to explain. I liked the extra character development, but thought it needed more mystery. I don’t know. I’m still looking forward to all her future books!
6. Biggest surprise: Uprooted by Naomi Novik. I thought that I would like it, but I had no idea how much I’d love it. Also, how much it would stick with me. Great book!
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you) I have 2! Maggie Stiefvater and Marissa Meyer. They aren’t new to anyone else, I’m a bit behind lol, but I now LOVE them!
8. Newest fictional crush: Noah. Swoon. Noah from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. Still swooning.
9. Newest favourite character: This is so hard. I just can’t decide.
10. Book that made you cry: I’m just going to say The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater and leave it at that. No spoilers.
11. Book that made you happy: Cinder. I got lost in the pages and can’t wait to get back to that world.
12. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received) I’d say my WordCloud edition of The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year? I need to finish Winter by Marissa Meyer and buy Stars Above. I want to read The Body Electric by Beth Revis and get ahold of the Across the Universe trilogy. I want to finish the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. Also, I want to read the Books of Elsewhere series by Jacqueline West. (Thanks Jody!) Lastly, maybe read The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, but I’m not rushing because he still didn’t put out book 3 yet.
14 Favourite Book Community Member (Blogger, Booktuber and Bookstagrammer) Michelle from Michellislife and Jody from thatonegirlwhoreads.com are the greatest. If my internet decides to work, I love to watch Sam from SamsNonsense and Kristin from WhatsKappening. I also love Jade the bedtime bookworm’s reviews at bedtimebookworm.com.
Again, I apologize for not including links. I’m doing all I can just to post this! These people are worth looking up, trust me!