This is the Original Raven Cycle Tag created by Michelle from MichEllisLife and LetsBookAboutit at letsbookaboutit.wordpress.com. Whether you participated in the Raven Cycle ReadAlong (with Michelle and Jody at thatonegirlwhoreads.wordpress.com) or you’ve only picked up The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, we welcome you to try out our fun Tag. There are 5 Bookish Questions and 5 Personal Questions. I hope you enjoy our take on a great series!
1. In the books, Maura is the relaxed mom that is more Blue’s friend than an actual mothering presence. Who is your favorite mom character?
Well, haha it’s Maura! Most moms, in the books I read, tend to be kidnapped or oblivious. Maura is powerful and strong. She’s a main character and I think that’s pretty awesome!
- Adam wanted to go to Aglionby so he could one day escape where he came from. Have you ever dreamt of living somewhere else? Where?
Yes, I visited New Hampshire once and completely fell in love. I’d also love to move to Ireland, because its GORGEOUS there!!
- In the second book we meet the Gray Man. He is a hit man who loves poetry. Name a book that you thought was going to be one thing but turned out to be something else.
This has happened to me a few times, actually. I’d have to say Outlander was my biggest surprise. I wasn’t sure I would like it, because it’s not my favorite genre. Yet, I couldn’t put it down. I thought the historical facts would bore me to tears, but it was anything but boring. Diana Galbadon has a way of writing that just immerses you into her world so quietly and sneaky like. You don’t even know you’re lost in the pages until reality hits and you have to acknowledge that real flesh and blood person talking to you…who you’ve been ignoring for the past 5 minutes. Lol
- Gansey has searched most of his life for a buried king who is promised to grant one wish. What is one wish you would ask Glendower?
The power to POOF!! Lol I wanna POOF to BEA and SEYA fest and YALL fest and anything else I can POOF too. I wanna POOF to Michelle’s town and go shopping at a bookstore….I wanna POOF money so I can shop LMAO I wanna POOF to Jody’s town and anyone else I wanna meet. Yep…I wanna POOF 🙂
- Greenmantle is the villain in the story. In this series you get to see him as human but also corrupt. Name your favorite villain.
My favorite villain isn’t actually a book villain, but shhh don’t tell. It’s Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7. You get pulled in emotionally by his story and you want to feel for him, yet he’s freakin EVIL. That end fight is insane! INNNSAAANNEE! That’s why he’s my fave!
- Blue’s got her Raven Boys. Who makes up your bookish team?
It’s kinda hard to narrow down. Since joining Booktube I’ve been a lil social butterfly…talking to everyone I can. I love you all! My book besties are definitely Michelle and Jody though. I talk to Michelle everyday and Jody like…every other. Haha They are the best and have changed my life for the better in ways I can’t begin to describe! So they are my team. My “Crew” is the SpaceSquad crew, cuz I’m finally part of a squad *eyes welling up* lol!!!
- Ronan is a bad ass with a sensitive side. What book have you read that was action packed but had beautiful emotional scenes as well?
I think I’m going to go with Six of Crows. It was a heist story and was packed full of strategy and action. Yet, it had these sweet moments between characters that I really enjoyed.
- Noah is my favorite Raven Boy because he has a heart of gold. Who has touched your heart recently?
I love my Noah. Gush! I hate to sound like a broken record lol but Michelle and Jody have really touched my heart recently. Being a stay at home Mom is a lot of work and a lot of stress. I love my Lil One and I’m thankful for being home everyday with them, but it gets exhausting. Michelle and Jody have both been there with the kindest of words when I needed some Mommy advice. When I need a pick me up, they are quick to respond and put a smile on my face. I’m extremely thankful for them! Meeting them was the best part of Booktube!
- Calla is a woman who speaks her mind and puts her foot down when necessary. Who is your favorite strong female character?
Ohhh this is sooo easy!!! It’s Mac. Of course it’s Mac from the Fever Series!! She’s the pretty pink girlie girl who morphs into this Fae ass kicking bad ass! Plus, she gets to come home to Barrons 😉 😉 The BEST!
- Chainsaw is an awesome Raven boy pet. If you could have one “exotic” pet…what would it be? What would you name it?
Ok…this is a stretch and it’s my question sooo I can do whatever I want lol I want a Moogle from Final Fantasy. I’d probably name it Mog, even though it’s been done in the games. The fact that it says KUPO makes hubby nuts. So, I’d keep it near him at all times LMAO
Here’s the Link to Michelle’s Answers!!! Please go check out her Booktube video!! I tag anyone who’s read these books!
That’s all folks!!! Please join us and play along!!!